As we get ready to welcome our students back virtually for Comprehensive Distance Learning, we are also preparing support for families to be able to operate Chromebooks, access accounts and navigate online platforms. Our individual buildings will be communicating a majority of this information and we also have a district webpage available to help families (link below).
Some of the supports being offered by schools include:
- Parent / family newsletters with information related to schedules
- Virtual and drive through open houses to support with technology
- How-to sheets included when families pick up Chromebooks
- Welcome packets for students to include directions
- Video tutorials on website and social media
- Support from CARE coordinators and SRO’s
- Teacher hosted tutorial sessions for families
- Individual contact with families that haven’t been reached
Please feel confident that there is no wrong door to ask for help. We encourage you to reach out to your child’s teacher or your child’s school. They stand ready to be able to support you during this time. The district webpage is also a great resource that we will be adding to and updating consistently. The web address is: https://www.morrow.k12.or.us/page/distance-learning-support
Additionally, we have live support through a phone line answered by tech staff. If the line is unanswered leave a voicemail so that your call can be returned. The number for this support is 1-888-223-9593
As always, if we can be of support, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Thank you very much for your patience, flexibility and grace as we navigate these changing times together!
Dirk Dirksen Erin Stocker Marie Shimer
Superintendent Human Resources Educational Services